Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not answered here, please use our contact form to get in touch.
- How can I purchase HideYT during the trial period?
- 1) Log in with Freemius, our plugin distributor, clicking "never received your password" if you don't have a password yet. 2) Once you're logged in, click "Licenses" on the left, and click on your trial license in the list. 3) Click "Upgrade to..." and choose the single-site or unlimited license.
- How do I install HideYT?
- Please see the installation instructions video. You will also receive written instructions by email upon sign-up. If you're still stuck, contact us and we'll help out!
- Does HideYT work in full-screen mode?
- HideYT gives you the option to disable full-screen mode on your videos site-wide. If you choose to allow full-screen, note that HideYT will not be able to hide related videos while the video is full-screened.
- I have a single-site license, how can I upgrade to a multi-site license?
- Log in to our distributor here. If it's your first time logging in, click "Never received your password" to create a password. Once you're logged in, click "Licenses" on the left, then click your license in the list to bring it up. Then on the right, click "Upgrade To", then "Pro - Unlimited-Sites". The system should confirm your license upgrade.
- What is "Freemius" and why does HideYT integrate with it?
- Does HideYT have any known plugin incompatibilities?
- HideYT is currently known to be incompatible with Thrive Architect. We are working to improve compatibility with this plugin in future releases.
- Which web browsers are HideYT compatible with?
- HideYT is compatible with modern browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported by YouTube or by HideYT. For the small minority of users using Internet Explorer, videos will still play normally, but related videos will not be hidden.
- How can I skip the free trial and purchase HideYT?
- Use this purchase link to buy HideYT directly.